Before you Publish, let us Polish
What we offer…
- Copyediting services
- Reasonable prices
- Professional results
- Proofreading, spelling, grammar and syntax help
- Quick turnaround
Pricing is based on the number of words, please view pricing info below.
I consider myself a good writer and speller, so why do I need your services?
It doesn’t matter how gifted a writer you are, people make mistakes. Writers often get so engrossed in their story and characters, that they don’t see common errors. Every bestselling author has a copy- editor.
What do copyeditors do to my manuscript?
We look for spelling, grammar and punctuation errors, along with improper word usage and inconsistencies in character or story line. You would be surprised how many characters start off with blue eyes and end up with brown. We do not do fact checking, nor do we change your story or alter your voice. However, we often make suggestions on sentence structure.
How will I know what changes you made?
We use Microsoft Word “tracking” so that you can see the edits. We may put comments or questions alongside sections of the pages. You can either accept all edits or pick and choose the edits you want to keep. It’s up to you.
What is the process for editing my book?
- We use the Word Count feature in MS Word to total the number of words you’ve written. We base your fee on that number (see Price List)
- We will email you a simple contract that states our fees. You will sign it and email it back to us in .pdf format, or mail it to our offices.
- Once we receive the signed contract, we ask for a 50% down payment. Payments are made through PayPal.
- You will then email the manuscript to us as a file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we are ready to return the edited version to you, the balance of the payment will be due.
- We ask that your work be done in MS Word, with a file name of your name. Example: susanjones.doc.
- For consistency in editing, we ask that all fonts are Times New Roman, 12 pt. If sent to us in another font, we will change it before editing and give your file a new name, such as susanjones-edits.doc. If you want a different font once the edits are accepted or rejected, you can do that.
- We recommend you do not work on another version of your manuscript until it is returned to you edited.
How quickly will I get my edited manuscript back?
Manuscripts are edited and returned to you no later than 10 business days from the time you contract with us. However, manuscripts over 50,000 words and those that require more editing, may take longer. We will email you if we cannot return it within 10 business days. The final product is yours, of course. It is totally up to you as to what you keep and what you discard with regard to our suggestions and edits.